Wednesday, February 1, 2012

How to get replacement birth certificate from state other than the one residing in?

I lost my birth certificate and don't have any copies. So I need a replacement. I live in Michigan, but was born in California. Not sure whether Michigan will have it on file, or if I have to send to California to get it. And if it makes any difference, I've been living in Michigan for 18 years.How to get replacement birth certificate from state other than the one residing in?
It is NOT the town you were born in. It is the COUNTY you were born in. If you do a web search for the name of the county and birth certificate, you should find the right agency (it is usually the County Recorder, but sometimes the County Clerk) and the instructions for getting a copy. You can also get it through the State, but that usually takes longer. Here is that link:

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birthdeat鈥?/a>

How to get replacement birth certificate from state other than the one residing in?
The town you resided when you were born has it on file. You contact them and they will send you copies for a small copy fee

No comments:

Post a Comment