Saturday, February 4, 2012

If a birth certificate is already signed by another man and I am the true father will I have to pay childsup?

A girl wants me to take a paternity test to see if I am the father of her child. However her boyfriend already signed the birth certificate with out getting the test done. If I am the true father will I end up having to pay child support?If a birth certificate is already signed by another man and I am the true father will I have to pay childsup?
If your name is not on the birth certificate, and you have not signed it, you are not liable at all for the baby, and you do not need to pay child support
She can take you to court to have a paternity test. If it comes back as you are the father, you will have to pay child support. Then, the other guy will have to be removed from the birth cert and you will then be added. If it is your child, you should want to know that baby and want to support him/her without someone having to drag you to court. If she has to drag you to court, you will most likely be held responsible for the court costs and attorney's fees once you are proved to be the dad.If a birth certificate is already signed by another man and I am the true father will I have to pay childsup?
Depends. If she lives in a state where he cannot challenge paternity, then no. However, if she moves the child to a state that does allow it, then yes, retroactive.

http://www.squidoo.com/MarriedGirlfriend鈥?/a>If a birth certificate is already signed by another man and I am the true father will I have to pay childsup?
probably not if he signed an "acknowledgement of paternity" form. then u shouldnt be obligated.

No comments:

Post a Comment