Wednesday, February 1, 2012

How long after I order a birth certificate by mail does it take to arrive?

I am going to order a birth certificate for my 9 month old daughter because I lost the original one. I am going to do it by mail. What do I have to send if the baby does not have a id or proof of address and when will the certificate arrive?How long after I order a birth certificate by mail does it take to arrive?
Maybe a copy of her social security card! It took 10 days for mine to arrive
I ordered my 9 month olds online. You can go to www.vitalchek.com and choose your method of delivery. I used this site after talking to the Dept. Of Vital Statistics in my hometown, and what the website does is that they actually send the order to your state which you are ordering from and then they ship it out. I guess www.vitalchek.com is the middle man. We spent a little bit on it but we had to have it overnight for our military insurance deadline.



You need not to have proof of address because you could basically have it sent anywhere, you just have to be there to sign for it because its sent certified mail I believe via Fed Ex or depending on your method of delivery.



Check out the website. I believe you just need some basic info, like mothers and fathers info (if on certificate), possibly the social security number, and some other misc. info like that.



Good Luck!How long after I order a birth certificate by mail does it take to arrive?
you will have to give them proof that you are the actual parent, but it takes about 2 -3 weeks sometime shorter sometimes longer just depends on the post officeHow long after I order a birth certificate by mail does it take to arrive?
Your best bet is to go to the courthouse in the county she was born in and request the copy in person. Or call them and ask what info is needed to prevent a game of "mail tag". Those records are kept at the county government level.



My girlfriend ordered hers and it only took a little over a week, but she called them and asked what information she needed. She had to confirm where she was born and send in copies of two forms of ID and $10. I imagine it is different however for each county.
I was able to call the dept. of records and get one just by giving them all of my information, and I had it overnighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment