Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Can you get a passport without a birth certificate?

I am unable to locate my birth certificate or birth record, and I would really like to travel to Europe with my friends this summer. Is there any way that I can get a passport without my birth certificate?Can you get a passport without a birth certificate?
You can of course get a replacement birth certificate from your City or town hall
A birth certificate provides legal evidence of your name, age, place of birth and parents鈥?details. A birth certificate is a primary identity document. You need a birth certificate to enrol a child in school, join a sporting club, to get a passport or driver鈥檚 licence, gain employment or government benefits and to get married.



you would have to get another copy

http://www.australia.gov.au/topics/law-and-justice/births-deaths-and-marriages-registriesCan you get a passport without a birth certificate?
You can get a copy of your birth certificate by writing to the state where you were born. Here's a link:



http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w.htm



If you're in the wierd situation, like me, where your birth wasn't recorded with a birth certificate, then you'll have to jump through hoops in order to get a passport. I'm assuming this is a U.S. passport. Get in touch with your closest US passport agency and ask them what you need.



I had to give them a letter confirming my birth from the attending physician from the hospital that I was born as well as other documents that corroborate my birthdate. They had to look in the hospital archives and all that kind of stuff. It was not fun.



Make sure you keep copies of the documents. The passport agency will want the originals and will not return them to you. I didn't know that so I'm stuck with having to use my US passport as proof of birth in the U.S.Can you get a passport without a birth certificate?
in our country if you were born before 1947, yes you can get a passport,
give ur country details, then only i can respond

No comments:

Post a Comment