Wednesday, February 1, 2012

How does a Canadian citizen living in the U.S obtain a certified copy of their birth certificate?

I need a certified copy of my Dad's birth certificate (who is a Canadian citizen) to get my own proof of citizenship of Canada. (I was born, and live in the U.S) But he lives in the U.S also and I have discovered that notary public cannot make certified copies of birth or death certificates. I read that to get your birth certificate you have to go to your county of birth. Is there a way for my Dad to get his certificate without having to travel to Canada?How does a Canadian citizen living in the U.S obtain a certified copy of their birth certificate?
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/subje鈥?/a>



Good luck they are a nighmare of back and forth nonsense

No comments:

Post a Comment