Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Can a certificate of live birth be used for a passport application?

I am applying for a passport card from the united states department of state and I am confused about what counts as a certified birth certificate. My parents only had the certificate of live birth, given to them when I was born. Has anyone applied for a passport using a certificate of live birth instead of an "birth certificate." My certificate of live birth has the full names of both my parents, registrars signature and date of, doctors signature, an impressed seal, and birthplace and birth date.Can a certificate of live birth be used for a passport application?
In most states in the US, the form which documents a live birth (birth certificate) is officially titled a Certificate of Live Birth; the signatures and raised seal provide the certification. What you have is what you need.Can a certificate of live birth be used for a passport application?
I am not 100% sure but I believe you need a certified Birth Certificate from the courts. I could be very wrong there though. When I got mine, I had the court document, not the hospital document.

No comments:

Post a Comment