Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How long does it take to get a legal birth certificate for a newborn?

I can't remember how long it took with my daughter. And after my son is born, I want to get him a passport asap so I can travel to Canada from the US (and you need the birth certificate to apply for a passport)How long does it take to get a legal birth certificate for a newborn?
I got it 3 weeks after my baby was born.
I see you are in Canada so it won;t be relevant but just for comparison in New Zealand it takes 10-15 days (from the time they receive your application to register a babys birth), to the certificate arriving in the post.



A passport application takes 10 - 15 days also.How long does it take to get a legal birth certificate for a newborn?
1.5-3 months, usually.How long does it take to get a legal birth certificate for a newborn?
we filed our paperwork in canada the day my son was born, and we got them in the mail with a health care card, social insurance card and birth certificate all within 3 weeks.
in two weeks it will be at the town hall in the city he was born.. in 4 weeks it will be in your hometown/city hall
I sent out for my sons birth certificate when he was born...he's now 18 months old and we still haven't gotten it... So I honestly couldn't tell you
I work for vital record and it took 2wks for my sons to come in!

No comments:

Post a Comment