Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What is the length of time after a birth to receive a birth certificate.?

How long after a birth is registered does it take to actually receive the certificate? We're talking Houston, TX here. Is there anyway to speed up the process?



We need to travel with the little one as soon after its born as possible.What is the length of time after a birth to receive a birth certificate.?
To travel, you don't have to have a birth certificate for a baby less than 6 weeks old. Of course it's not recommended they travel this young, but sometimes it's necessary. I'll be having my son tomorrow and will be flying home to Virginia after his 2 week well baby check up. I've contacted airlines and their requirements are that newborns must be 14 days old and have their hospital discharge paperwork in order to fly, if over 6 weeks a birth certificate is required. Usually getting the birth certificate documents takes anywhere from a few weeks to months. The alloted time where I am in Oregon is 5 weeks, but a friend of mine had her daughter in Utah in October and got the certificate only a few weeks ago. It can take quite a while, but between 2 and 6 weeks you can generally use hospital paperwork. If you're flying, just contact the specific airline and ask for what paperwork exactly is necessary.
I don't know about TX, but in my state they don't send you a copy for free. They just send a verification that it was processed, and you have to make sure their records of spelling and everything are correct, if not, you have to fill out a correction. It's sent within about 30 days of birth.



Otherwise, to obtain a copy of the BC you need to go to the county courthouse or Dept. of Health and pay for a copy.



Call your local county's Vital Statistics office and ask them how it's handled where you live.What is the length of time after a birth to receive a birth certificate.?
Here in MIchigan its 3 weeks but my sis told me in Cali where she lives it is 3 months. Im not sure about speeding up the process but they never checked for a birth cert. when I traveled with my son. I always brought it but they never asked for it. Just his Social Security card should be fine, thats all they ever asked me for.What is the length of time after a birth to receive a birth certificate.?
When my son was born it was less then a month. They sent my verification on speeling and everything I sent it back stating that it was correct then about a week later I had it....I live In Cali too...
  • trilogy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment