Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How long does the birth father have to sign the birth certificate?

If the father of my baby says he is the father and doesn't want a paternity test, then how low long after the baby is born will he have to come and sign the birth certificate? I don't want him at the hospital when I delivery, so when should he come, if at all?How long does the birth father have to sign the birth certificate?
You let your doctor and hospital know that you do not want him there when you are in the hospital, they will send him off with security if he shows up. I had a similar situation when my son was born. I too was not with the father and I did not want him showing up at the hospital. So what you do is you fill out the paper work and sign it. Do not put the father's name on it yet. You need to get him into court for child support, The judge will make an order for the state to amend the birth certificate to add the father later once paternity and child support has been established. Or you can just fill out the paperwork and add the father to it then and sign it and send it in without the father's signature. As far as I know if you two aren't married or together, then he doesn't need to sign the paperwork. I could be wrong, each state has different laws. So, there's some options. good luck.
sounds like a strange situation. Maybe never would be good for you. You can call the hospital where you are going to go and have you baby and ask them how long the dad has to sign the birth certificate. They will tell you exactly how long then allow for that.How long does the birth father have to sign the birth certificate?
He doesn't ever have to sign it, that's my method. I supposedly have 12 children, but they'll never proove it sucka!How long does the birth father have to sign the birth certificate?
In Colorado they gave me the birth certificate to take home. I was able to fill it out at my leisure and send it in. The hospital keeps the baby's name and time/date of birth on file. I didn't fill out my sons until a year after he was born. I don't know what the rules are in your state though...good luck.
I think it is something like 48 hrs. You should have him there though. he will respect you and understand what you are doing so much better when he sees how life is born. It is wonderful and amazing and incredible.. He will find a love for the mother of his child that he had never known. Relax. If he can't be there though then get him to sign ASAP.
The Father Will Have 72 hours.
You don't want him at the hospital? Is there a personal situation that would prevent you from wanting this child in his life?



You don't have to put his name on the birth certificate at all, but he might still petition for paternity. If there's a good reason for not involving him with the child, I'd speak up.



If you're convinced you want his name on the birth certificate, understand that it means he will have all the rights afforded to a father. If the situation between the two of you is a difficult one, he could then use the baby as a means of controlling you. My ex husband is now in the process of a custody battle with me as a matter of controlling me. It's no different than when we were married, but it does hurt the children.
you have to turn the paperwork in before you leave the hospital. They will ask you before you deliver if you want him there. If you tell them no, then he can't be there. He does not have to be present when you sign the certificate either. If you do not want his name on it and you are not married, then there is nothing he can do about it. They will explain all of this to you in the hospital... Good luck to you
He can sign it whenever he wants, or have his name added whenever. I suggest as soon as possible and start collecting child support.
I think it is like a week after the baby is born. But a little word of advice let your baby have it's father's last name, So just in case you have to put him on child support or something things will go so much smoother because he has the father's last name trust me!
On the Additional Details you stated that he wants to be listed as the father....... than you sad that you dont want him to help with the baby..........By him being listed he has to sign for it to be valid.. and by that he has just as much right to take the baby from you when he wants and its not considered as kidnapping. So I would just not have him involded at all..... like masmalan2004

said just tell your doctor you dont want him there and most of all he does not have to know when you are in labor and about to have the baby. Maybe even change it up and go to a different hospital to deliver~~If he knows what hospital your going to.



I'm not sure about how long he has to sign but if you dont want to work things out with him prolong it and say you want a DNA test that proveshe is the father before he can have his name on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment