Saturday, February 11, 2012

Can I get the birth and marriage certificate of my parents and grandparents from germany and Poland?

BS"D



when I have nothing than my own birth certificate and identification/ passport and the birth dates of my parents?

Is there any central archive that has all these data?Can I get the birth and marriage certificate of my parents and grandparents from germany and Poland?
Hi, unfortunately I can't help you for Poland, but for Germany.

First you would have to proof your relationship with your parents through a document from the civil registry office (if something like that exists in your country). Then you call the civil registry office of the town your parents were born and send them a copy of the certification that shows you're their child. They hold all the entries of birth's and deaths up to 1800. You could also try with the Central Archive of Jews in Germany in Heidelberg which collects all documents of former Jewish communities that have been destroyed by the Nazis in WW2. You can email them and they'll help you -this is their homepage

http://www.uni-heidelberg.de/institute/s鈥?/a>

It's in German but if you scroll down you'll find the "eMail" Option. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment