Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Will a faxed copy of my birth certificate be okay to use to get my drivers license?

I moved to georgia and I dont hacve a real copy of my birth certificate. So can i use the copy from my old high school?Will a faxed copy of my birth certificate be okay to use to get my drivers license?
No, the state of Georgia requires a certified copy on your birth certificate, not a copy of high school records and not a fax.



As per http://www.dds.ga.gov/ Georgia is a real id state which requires, per the web page: "All documentation to prove identity, Georgia residency, citizenship or lawful presence must be an original or a certified copy (with a raised seal) to be acceptable."



The first document they list is a birth certificate: Original birth certificate (State issued) State Vital Statistics (Hospital birth certificates are not acceptable).



I'd suggest you get a certified copy of your birth certificate from the state you were born in.
For all legal intents and purposes, an original or certified true copy of a Birth Certificate is required. I suggest you contact the County Recorders Office where you were born and acquire a copy.Will a faxed copy of my birth certificate be okay to use to get my drivers license?
Probably not. Call or write the clerk in the city you were born in. You will receive a certified copy of your birth certificate.Will a faxed copy of my birth certificate be okay to use to get my drivers license?
Not likely. Most DMV offices require a certified copy with a notarized seal on it.
  • maybelline makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment