Wednesday, February 1, 2012

How do I get my daughters birth certificate changed to her Biological father?

The father listed on my daughters birth certificate is not her biological father. We were almost positive when she was born and signed the papers. We took a test and it was negative. After this the other possible father who is in the military finally came back home to take a test and it was positive. He wants everything changed. How do I get started with getting everything changed? The man listed on her certificate has no contact with us anymore.How do I get my daughters birth certificate changed to her Biological father?
Check your state laws, first. You will probably need an affidavit of paternity which both parents will sign in front of a notary public. Then the certificate can be changed accoring to your state law. It would be a good idea to go to family court and have support amounts and visitation put into the record.

No comments:

Post a Comment