Saturday, February 11, 2012

Can I use a copy of my birth certificate to get my drivers permit?

I have a ss card as secondary. But not the original birth certificate. Will they accept the copy?Can I use a copy of my birth certificate to get my drivers permit?
It all depends on your DMV's policies as to what you need. I know mine requires six points of ID. As for copies of birth certificates - yes you can use a state copy of your original certificate. That doesn't mean a copy from a notary, that means a copy from your state. I also bring along a school ID and report card when I was in high school, a piece of mail with my name and address on it, a college id and transcript, a debit/credit card with my name on it. Any thing with your name, and at least one piece of mail with your name AND address, and like I said besides the original birth certificate - a state issued copy. Social security cards are the lowest point at my DMV...only 1pt for a SS card. Good luck.
it has to be original as far as i know.Can I use a copy of my birth certificate to get my drivers permit?
Use a valid passport, it's better, includes everything. You only need to use birth certificate if you do not have a passport, and provide them with a school ID or something. and yes it has to be the originals.Can I use a copy of my birth certificate to get my drivers permit?
it can not be a copy because anyone could bring a copy of you birth certificate ...you also need another piece of I'd with you to get it like your health card
  • oil industry
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment