Saturday, February 11, 2012

Is spelling your middle name a certain way to replace a birth certificate that important?

I need to replace my birth certificate, but I know fo r a fact they spell my middle name a certain way and it's not the way I am accustomed to spelling it and using it on documents. Is it important how I spell my middle name when I contact The Vital Records office in my city of birth to replace it? Please let me know 'cause I want to replace it right away. Thank you.Is spelling your middle name a certain way to replace a birth certificate that important?
You need to request the certificate using the full name that is on the records. That means the spelling that you don't like. If you want the spelling to be different, I suggest you speak with an attorney and formally have your name changed. It's not a complicated process.

No comments:

Post a Comment