Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I lost my drivers license, birth certificate and social security card. How do I get them replaced?

I can't get the driver's license replaced without my SS card and birth certificate. I can't get the SS card without my driver's license and birth certificate. I don't even know what kind of ID I need to show to get a birth certificate. How do I solve this problem? I need these things to get a new job.I lost my drivers license, birth certificate and social security card. How do I get them replaced?
First of all, you need to report all of those stolen.



The first step you need to take is replace your birth certificate. You need it as proof of citizenship in order to replace your SS card. Here's info:

http://www.vitalrec.com/birth.html
birth certificate first... contact the city hall department of vital records in the city you were born. you can do this by phone. believe it or not, you do not need any type of ID to get a certified cop of you birth certifcate and you can pay to have it overnighted to you. (I have done this) then go to the dmv and file for a lost license to get a duplicate, then go to SS administration and file for a duplicate SS card.. You have to do the birth certificate first. Then, last but not least, I would watch for identity theft (they have info at SS office) as you a prime candidate.. Good luckI lost my drivers license, birth certificate and social security card. How do I get them replaced?
You look up the vital statistics dept in the state that you were born and request a copy of your birth certificate. You can even look them up online and request a copy of it . It is $15.00 and they do not require a ss card or anything like that.



If you lost your drivers license go to the DMV office in your area and they will issue you a new one. Remember your picture is on it so you cannot scam them there so you do not need any form of ID. After you get that go to the social security office and get your card.



I would also recommend contacting the three credit reporting bureaus and letting them know that these things were lost because anyone can steal your identity and it will kill your credit if they choose to open accounts and so on using your information. I used to specialize in fraud with a credit card company and it happens A LOT



The three reporting agencies are Experian, Trans Union, and Equifax. they will put an alert on your record.



Good look to you. Oh Yes if you have a passport, workplaces accept that as two forms of IDI lost my drivers license, birth certificate and social security card. How do I get them replaced?
For your birth certificate, call or visit the web site of your state. As for your SS card, call the SSA at 1-800-772-1213. You will probably be able to replace your card if you have another form of ID, such as a school or work ID. As for your d/l, call your bureau of motor vehicles. If you know someone who works there, it can be a big help to you.



Also, if these items are lost or stolen, you should alert the three credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and Trans Union) to watch your credit report for suspicious activity. Also watch your bank accounts. Identity theft is a major problem, and with all three of those things missing someone could really steal your identity.
um.. odn't you have your passport? thats like the only other ID you have.



by the way.. how did you manage to lose all of them.
  • coupons
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment