Friday, January 20, 2012

What are the dimensions of a birth certificate?

I'm trying to get a copy of my daughters birth certificate and the instructions say to include a legal sized self addressed and stamped envelope with the paperwork. I only have 10 x 13 and legal size is 8 1/2 by 14. Do you think 10 x 13 will work?What are the dimensions of a birth certificate?
A legal sized envelope is not the same as a legal sized paper. Legal envelopes are 4 1/2 X 10.
Birth certificates differ according to the state and county that issues them. My own BC (Oregon state) is smaller than a letter sized piece of paper. My oldest daughter's (Also Oregon) is legal sized. My youngest daughter has a Huge birth certificate. I think that it may be the 10x13. (Washington State)



I would go out and buy a legal sized envelope. What if the BC is longer than 13"? Get the size envelope they told you to send.What are the dimensions of a birth certificate?
Birth certificate size does vary by state, but a legal size envelope should be a number 10 envelope - the one that's 4 1/8" x 9 1/2". They will fold the birth certificate.What are the dimensions of a birth certificate?
8 1/2 by 14 is the size of legal PAPER. A legal envelope is a #10 envelope, the regular business size envelopes.
I'm not sure if it varies by state (which sounds dumb, I know)? I sent a regular normal envelop. They will fold it no matter what. At least they did mine. I'm in Ohio...
No, just send what they ask of you. Those depts. are funny about things.

No comments:

Post a Comment