Friday, January 20, 2012

My son is required a birth certificate to attend school?

I live in Oregon and my son is to start Kindergarten. I have no birth certificate for him. Ordering one online costs $32.00. We are very poor. I barely pay rent and electric. Does anyone know any way around this birth certificate issue? They say he can not attend without one. I have no family or friends that can help. Any suggestions or legal loopholes?



Thanks!My son is required a birth certificate to attend school?
Every child needs proper legal identification to be registered in school. There is no legal loophole for this situation. Find some way to scrape up the money. Perhaps a local church or charity would help you out in this one instance. Call the local aid to families with dependent children office (in Oregon it's TANF):

http://www.oregon.gov/DHS/assistance/cas鈥?/a>My son is required a birth certificate to attend school?
Tell the school of your problem and ask them what else you can do if you can't afford it. If they won't accept him without it, period, then you'll have to do what you can to get the money or find his original birth certificate. If it doesn't have to be official, a copy may be cheaper. Call and ask the records office.

No comments:

Post a Comment