Friday, January 27, 2012

Birth Certificate?

I know here they always use the moms maiden name on the birth certificate. So why does everyone say you should be married (I agree that baby's should be born in wedlock!) so you both have the same name on the birth certificate? Does it vary from state to state?Birth Certificate?
Mothers maiden name is used just for identification purposes. Ive never seen a birth certifdicate that lists mothers name at the time of the birth. Mother's name can and often does change afterwards, but her maiden namew is always the same.
My sons birth certificate has my married name and maiden name on it. I live in Ca. It was optional to have the maiden name on there, so I hyphenated it. I am a big genealogy fan, and if 200 years from now one of my decedents wants to get more information on my side of the family it is easier to get.Birth Certificate?
I think it is more so that there is no confusion about the child's last name. Today, though, it isn't so important, since many women keep their maiden names after getting married. I know that if you are not married, you have a choice of which last name to give the baby - the mother's or the father's.Birth Certificate?
i'am not sure about this..

i live in texas and they put my married name on my baby's birth cerificate..

No comments:

Post a Comment