Friday, January 20, 2012

Can people under the age of 16 use their birth certificate rather than a passport to cross countries?

I live in California, and I'm planning on going to Canada this summer. I'm 15 and I was wondering if I could use my birth certificate to cross the border and not have to go through the long and expensive process of getting a passport. I've heard that people under the age of 16 can use their birth certificates in place of a passport. Is this true? Please help me!Can people under the age of 16 use their birth certificate rather than a passport to cross countries?
As of June 1, 2009, everyone from every country arriving in Canada by air, land and sea requires a a passport.
You need to check it out before you make the trip and get stuck at the border (or worse yet, trying to get back in to the USA).Can people under the age of 16 use their birth certificate rather than a passport to cross countries?
I think they recently changed the law that you need a passport to get into Canada...why not just get a passport? It really isn't that expensive or hard and you have plenty of time.Can people under the age of 16 use their birth certificate rather than a passport to cross countries?
You'll definitely need at least one form of photo id and being under the age of 16 I assume you don't have a drivers license, I would just get the passport to be safe, airport security is a pain and you don't wanna have to run into technical problems.
You only can use the birth certificate if you plan to cross a land border to Canada and you are below 16 years. For a flight into Canada everybody to include infants and newborns need a passport.



Source(s):

http://getyouhome.gov/html/lang_eng/eng_鈥?/a> ..

No comments:

Post a Comment