Friday, January 27, 2012

How do I get a birth certificate with just my social security card?

I lost my birth certificate and I'm eighteen and I wanted to know how could I possibly get my birth certificate. Also how could I get it all by myself because I do not have family.How do I get a birth certificate with just my social security card?
Your Social Security Card is of no use in getting a copy of your Birth Certificate. To get your Birth Certificate, contact the Vital Records Office in the town/city where you were born. They usually want a copy of a drivers license or some government issued photo ID, your birth date and parents' names. There is generally a fee around $10-20 and you might be able to find a form on the towns' website.



You should be able to do this through the mail, but contact the Vital Records Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment