Friday, January 27, 2012

Birth Certificate?

In the state of tennessee if the father is not at the hospital at time of birth can his name still be put on the birth certificate?Birth Certificate?
of course. why not? is he not the father cuz he wasn't at the hospital?
I know in most states (NY anyway) you can't put someones name on a birth certificate, they have to sign themselves. Ask when you go in.Birth Certificate?
In NC you can put the fathers name on the birth certificate and the only person that signs it is the mother.Birth Certificate?
I'm not sure about the state of tennesee, but I knovv in missouri the father has to be present to sign the birth certificate, they dont just allovv you to put vvhoever on it. The father has to be there to confirm.
I live in NC and they wouldn't let me put down my baby's father's name without him there. He couldn't make it and it took months (and a stupid DNA test) to get him on it!
I've given birth in MI %26amp; TX and in both states so long as you are married the father doesn't actually sign anything. If you aren't married that's another issue. It won't matter if he's actually there for the birth though - the paperwork is done later.

No comments:

Post a Comment