Friday, January 20, 2012

How to change birth certificate to add surname to child's name in India?

I am in Chennai. I got my daughter's birth certificate from Nagercoil, where she was born. In birth certificate my daughter's name was written against child's name field, and my name was written against Father's name field. I want my daughter's name to have, my name added at the end. Please let me know what is the procedure for doing this. In her school admission they say, her name will be as in the birth certificate only and they will not add surname unless it is in birth certificate. Please help....Thanks.How to change birth certificate to add surname to child's name in India?
I think the best thing for you to do is contact someone in your country that has the correct knowledge. Do you have the equivalent of "Births, Deaths and Marriages" in India? They are usually a government department that deal with all those sorts of enquiries.



I imagine you will need the permission of both parents to change your daughters name such as a signature to signify you both agree to the name change



Also most name changes require money to be paid for such things as administration costs and the need for a new birth certificate to be issued.



I think the sooner you get it changed the better. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment