Thursday, December 29, 2011

What is the difference between a live birth certificate and a birth certificate?

Is there a difference between a live birth certificate and a birth certificate? I received a copy of a live birth cerfiticate from the maryland state of vital records, I need my sons birth cerfiticate to register him for school. I am wondering if theres a difference and if his school will take his live birth certificate?|||I don't know. It may simply be a matter of what states choose to call it. I'd never heard the term "live birth certificate" until recently.|||You have the right one. In some states the law requires issuance of a birth certificate for any still birth or miscarriage of a fetus weighing more than 500 grams or from a gestation period of more than 22 weeks. They also issue a death certificate in such cases. So, there is a distinction between the certificate issued for a live birth and one issued in cases of still birth and late-term miscarriages.

No comments:

Post a Comment