Thursday, December 29, 2011

How can i physically tell the difference between an original birth certificate and an amended one?

I think i may be adopted, but my parents said that isn't true because they showed me my birth certificate. however i read up on amended birth certificates and i need to know if there are any differences on an amended birth certificate vs. an original. is there anything different on it that i can spot so i know if i am really adopted? does it look different, is the format different, any additional information that may be added?|||I was adopted and my original certified birth certificate mentions nothing to that fact.





We adopted my daughter, her original certified birth certificate mentions nothing to that fact.





So, the answer is, no. Typically not.





A birth certificate is a legal document that simply states you were born. It doesn't necessarily give information about genetically based relationships. Only legal ones.|||There is no difference in my state so you won't be able to tell. Why do you believe so strongly that you are adopted? Your parents said no and showed you a copy of the birth certificate isn't that enough? There has to be more behind this question than what you are actually asking.|||You can always request for your sealed records be opened... depending on your state laws they may allow this and may not allow this... if you have sealed records then you might have been adopted. I am going through this very same dilemma and am trying to go through the court system to get my records opened.|||On the original there should be some kind of imprinted stamp on it.It's usually a circle with some raised printing in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment