Thursday, December 29, 2011

How do i replace a lost birth certificate?

My parents lost my birth certificate but they have a xerox copy of it, but apparently xerox copies are no longer valid. I currently live in California but i was born in Guam and I am still a minor. My parents and i are trying to find ways to get my birth certificate but we don't want to get cheated out of our money. Does anyone have information as to how i can get my birth certificate even though it's overseas?|||You can obtain a copy of your birth certificate by writing to the Office of Vital Statistics at 123 Chalan Kareta, Mangilao, Guam 96913





They have records since October 16, 1901. A money order should be made payable to Treasurer of Guam. Personal checks are not accepted. The cost of a copy is $5. To verify current fees, the telephone number is (671) 735-7292.|||I realize Guam is a territory of the USA.



In the USA, you get your birth certificate from the government. The birth certificates are housed at the county records office for a short time, then sent to the central state office called Vital Records. In the US, you can order a copy of your birth certificate on line and pay with a credit card. The state will process your request and mail you your certificate.



Is it possible that Guam is the same way? To find out, I ran a search for Guam Vital Records and found quite a bit of info. Click below and it will lead you to some sites. I hope this will help you!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=Guam+vital+鈥?/a>|||Get a family member in Guam to go to the hospital and request it for you, than once they get it have it sent to you.





I don't understand, if you have the money you can fly there because it is part of the US. Don't you have any family there? Or friends to get your certificate for you?|||Yes you can replace your birth certificate by different ways but I suggest you to use online services.By using online services you can replace your lost certificate at your door step and I think it is a very cheap way.

No comments:

Post a Comment