Thursday, December 29, 2011

What can I use instead of a birth certificate to serve as proof for my date of birth?

I'm applying for financial aid and one of the requirements is to send in a copy of my birth certificate. However, I was not born here so I do not own a birth certificate from here. I do have a birth certificate from where I was born but seeing that it is in a different language, would I even be able to use that? Instead, what other paper work could I use as proof for my date of birth?|||See if they will accept a copy of your passport.|||You don't supply a foreign birth certificate. That's no use for them. Clearly the other posters don't know what they are talking about. Immigrants normally use immigration documents instead of a birth certificate like a green card or naturalization documents. A passport may work too. I'd suggest that you call up the college or the agency and ask them what they would recommend.|||The requirement is to provide a copy of your birth certificate. It does not matter that your birth certificate is in another language. It is your birth certificate.





Send that as your proof.|||Most places with accept a state issued photo ID or a social security card but you'll really have to check with the agency that you are applying for financial aid from to find out exactly what documents, they will accept.|||you have to supply the birth certificate. they do not ask you for proof of date of birth, they ask you for birth certificate.|||The requirement was simply "A" birthcertificate and not a US birth certificate. What you have should be enough. There are lots of programs available to interpret foreign languages on documents, so that won't even matter, Good luck!|||i dont know about any other proof but i do know that u could go to a notary and they translate it and stamp it for u so its legal , i had that done and used it for a couple of things|||drivers liscence??????/|||INS-155 card or passport

No comments:

Post a Comment